Are you looking for a medical Receptionist role with a difference? Do you thrive on helping people?
Then we want to hear from you.
This is a totally unique Practice, unlike ANY other Practice. Our renowned Paediatrician is an expert in behavioural and developmental challenges particularly for Children, Adolescents and young Adults. We have created a community atmosphere in which our patients not only love coming to but feel totally comfortable to grow and thrive – we are not like many other clinical Practices.
We are wanting you to further complement our growing Practice and join our amazing team. You will be confident in displaying your flexibility, mature outlook, quiet confidence, and team building skills. You will undertake each task throughout the day with a calm unflappable attitude. Our preferred candidate will have a can-do attitude, and happily support the team as needed. You will be rewarded with a fantastic inclusive team culture, where we will help you to grow in your role.
Our Practice is seeking a self-motivated medical receptionist for a permanent, part time role in Caulfield South. Based in a fantastic location and rooms (wait to you see our Practice!) with an abundance of public transport and on-site parking. The role would be ideal for someone looking to use their outstanding reception skills to support this growing, specialist practice.
Working three days per week (Mon – Wed), this would suit someone with an easy going and personable nature, combined with excellent attention to detail.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service on the telephone and in meeting and greeting patients and their families (this cannot be overstated)
- Supporting the specialist by being a highly professional and friendly first point of contact for the business
- Creating a warm and welcoming environment for each patient and their family
- Answering phone calls and inquiries in a professional, punctual and friendly manner
- Welcoming patients into the practice in an efficient and courteous manner
- Collecting and entering patient details
- Efficiently managing all patient data, work sheets, appointments, clinical files and correspondence (attention to detail is imperative)
- Performing general administrative duties such as scanning, faxing, mail sorting, filing and follow up patient enquiries via emails, website enquiries and voicemails
- Assisting with ad hoc administration duties as required
- Completing of end of day reconciliations (eftpos, credit card and cash)
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience using Clinic to Cloud practice management software (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner
- Professional appearance and demeanour – you embrace challenges
- Ability to work independently
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
- Accountability, initiative, enthusiasm, a good work ethic and be genuinely committed to a long-term role
- Experience in a Specialty role
If you possess the skills required, we’d love to hear from you please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter or apply on seek. Appropriate remuneration based on skills and experience. Ref: 728