If you feel you fit the above questions, please apply.
About our Hospitals:
North West Day Hospital and Westpoint Day Hospital are fully accredited facilities providing specialised Endoscopy services. We pride ourselves on delivering exemplary clinical care in a warm personalised environment. Our two hospitals are looking for a Director of Nursing to join our friendly and supportive team. Our patients are our number one priority and our people are empowered to deliver the best possible care while our patients are accessing our services. We are committed to promoting hope, wellbeing and autonomy in recovery.
This role will allow you to keep your skills current by on floor rotation whilst managing the day to day clinical aspects of nursing.
About the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a DoN with strong clinical, managerial and business development skills. The role provides contemporary strategic, operational and professional nursing leadership and management for our two Hospitals. We envisage this role will appeal to a candidate who is interested in contributing for the long term
to see the results of their hard work. As the leader of a team, this role balances driving the strategic direction of the organisation with providing hands on support to the ANUMs and the broader nursing team. You will be required to rotate your role between our two Hospitals. One is located in Werribee, the other in Ascot Vale.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Helping and developing Quality Management Systems that meet the requirements of
NSQHS 2nd Edition Standards and ACHS Accreditation
- To ensure that the Hospitals are managed according to current standards and meets all statutory requirements
- As the Director of Nursing develop work ethic, standards of practice, and ultimately the clinical excellence and reputation of the Hospitals.
- Assist in developing documentation, implementation, training and internal auditing of the quality management systems and assessment against NSQHS Version 2 (further details will be documented in the Position Description).
- Full management of Quality Management System (further details to be documented in the Position Description)
- Clinical Service and Patient Care (further details to be documented in the Position Description)
- Provide excellent teamwork and leadership to the organisation
- Direct involvement with Management and close interactions with CEO.
- Mandatory: Division 1, Registered Nurse. Current registration and indemnity insurance, DON or extensive senior health management experience. Recent private day hospital experience (Endoscopy viewed highly). Prior experience having a close professional working relationship with Doctors and all Stakeholders.
- Desirable: Dip of Quality Management or similar, a tertiary qualification in admin and/or business management. Experience with ACHS and/or NSQHS accreditation. Recent extensive endoscopy or general surgical experience.
- Experience attending and participating in monthly management meetings.
- Capabilities: Demonstrated leadership and management abilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Prior experience in the delivery of process improvement projects.
- Personal qualities: Demonstrated customer focus, approachable, friendly, problem solving, discreet, professional approach and attention to detail.
- Monday to Friday 40 hour week
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary (bonus system in place), excellent working environment, and stimulating and challenging work. As well as the opportunity to further develop your own skills across a number of business areas.
Please note all applicants must currently possess the right to work in Australia.
If you possess the skills required, we’d love to hear from you please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter or apply on seek. Appropriate remuneration based on skills and experience. Ref: 757.