Our lovely Urologist who works in the Public and Private sector, is looking for a Senior Medical Secretary to provide Medical Secretarial administration onsite at this stage only 1 day per week, and the balance from your home office. You will be provided with a laptop and practice mobile phone for remote working.
We are requiring a mature minded, super organised, can-do attitude staff member to complement our Surgeon in their kind, caring and empathetic attitude to our patients. Our preferred candidate is ready to see themselves as an integral part of a team caring for patients and their families. Our patients are our number one priority (this cannot be overstated) and often dealing with challenging circumstances. All your dealings with our patients will be via face to face (when in the practice and within an environment with other Doctors and their administration staff) and phone or electronically (from home).
Our practice is looking for an experienced Senior Medical Secretary who will report directly to our Surgeon. Our preferred candidate uses their good natured and team player skills to thrive in a busy practice and excels in setting up and following processes and procedures, so that our practice runs smoothly and efficiently. You would be a gate-keeper for our lovely Surgeon, allowing him to do what he does best. Our preferred candidate would have the flexibility to work an extra day, if and when that is needed.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in customer service and experience in excelling at this (this cannot be overstated)
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude
- Professional demeanour and presentation – excellent grammar and medical terminology
- Experience using Genie (or similar medical software programs/IT savvy)
- Ability to work independently with initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task in a busy environment along with open to direction to ensure the smooth running of the practice
- Constantly takes pride in their work and productivity, who loves to assist particularly for patients in need and is flexible in times of demand
- Medical transcription or dictaphone experience (viewed favourably)
- Extensive experience in creating, managing theatre lists, surgical quoting and surgical billing (AMA and known gaps)
Responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming patients face to face, phone calls and other forums of contact in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner – making them feel as if they really matter
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments and assisting with consultation sessions including invoicing and receipting
- Collecting and entering patient details
- Creating and managing theatre lists and liaising with hospitals, Anaesthetists, Assistant Surgeons. Along with providing surgical quotes and surgical billing (AMA and known gaps)
- Performing general administrative duties and ad-hoc duties as required for the Surgeon
Prior remote working experience viewed favourably. Appropriate, well above Award pay rate based on skills and experience. If this is a role you feel you would excel at, please apply via Seek or email Michelle@roomswithstyle.com.au with your resume and cover letter. Ref: 769.