Updated role, increased hours onsite and WFH:
The hours are negotiable, our priority is the right person.
Our pleasant Thoracic Surgeon who works in the Public and Private sector, is looking for a Senior Medical Secretary/EA to provide medical administration and personal assistance tasks from his practice (3 full days onsite per fortnight, this translates to 1 day each at: Heidelberg, Footscray and Carlton), and the balance from your home office. You will be provided with internet, laptop and practice mobile phone.
We are requiring a “Brand Ambassador” to complement our Surgeon in their kind, caring and empathetic attitude to our patients. Our preferred candidate is ready to see themselves as an integral part of a team caring for patients and their families. Our patients are our number one priority (this cannot be overstated). All your dealings with our patients will be via face to face (when in the practice) phone or electronically (from home).
Our practice is looking for an experienced Senior Medical Secretary/EA who will report directly to our Surgeon. Our preferred candidate uses their sense of humour to thrive in a fast-paced practice and excels in setting up and following processes and procedure, so that our practice runs smoothly and efficiently. Our busy Surgeon is happy to fund/support formal training and development each year, this would be particularly in the areas of Clinic to Cloud (medical software), bookkeeping, database and other training required for career development.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in customer service and experience in excelling at this (this cannot be overstated)
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude
- Professional demeanour and presentation – excellent grammar and medical terminology
- Experience using Clinic to Cloud (or similar medical software programs/IT savvy), and willing to learn new software including bookkeeping, database etc (with training provided)
- Ability to work independently with initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task in a busy environment along with open to direction to ensure the smooth running of the practice
- Proven experience and efficiency with Audio Typing
- Constantly takes pride in their work and productivity, who loves to assist particularly for patients in need and is flexible in times of demand
- Extensive experience in creating, managing theatre lists, surgical quoting and billing
- Experience in bookkeeping including BAS, database entry etc (or willingness to learn)
- Medical transcription or dictaphone experience (viewed favourably)
- Experience in managing Personal Assistant tasks
Responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming patients face to face, phone calls and other forums of contact in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner – making them feel as if they really matter
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments and assisting with consultation sessions including invoicing and receipting
- Collecting and entering patient details
- Creating and managing theatre lists. Along with providing surgical quotes and surgical billing
- Performing general administrative duties and ad-hoc duties as required for the Surgeon
Prior remote working experience viewed favourably. Appropriate, well above Award pay rate based on skills and experience. If this is a role you feel you would excel at, please apply via Seek or email Michelle@roomswithstyle.com.au with your resume and cover letter. Ref: 770.