Part Time Medical Secretary – Tugun QLD
- Amazing opportunity to work with our Pain Medicine Specialist and great team
- Work life balance – 4 days per week – close to home
- ASAP commencement – car parking on site
Would you like to use your extensive people skills to work with our fantastic team? Do you enjoy helping people in need? Then we want to hear from you.
Our practice is looking for a mature minded medical secretary who loves their role and loves to hit the ground running. You thrive on using your extensive medical reception and secretarial skills to organise and be the gatekeeper for our Specialists and Allied Health experts. Your sense of humour and quiet confidence along with unflappable attitude will be an asset to our practice. You will be true brand ambassador, happily liaising with our referral base and treating all at the practice with respect and dignity.
Our selected candidate will start at the reception area meeting and greeting patients and liaising with various other contacts. You will also assist with back office duties such as Theatre Bookings and Surgical Quotes and Billing.
You also pride yourself on your customer service, and organisation skills which only comes second to your attention to detail. You will also draw on your extensive people skills to assist patients in need.
Main duties include:
- Having a good understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, Surgical Quoting including liaising with Hospital staff, end of day, week and month reporting and batching
- Professional in your presentation, written and verbal communication
- Having previous medical secretarial experience including managing consulting sessions, reception, debt collection, maintaining Medicare and DVA fees schedules and tracking income for our Specialists
- Clinic to Cloud Medical Software (or similar) including experience with known Gaps, no Gaps and AMA fees
- Experience with TAC and Workcover (viewed favourably)
- Being experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare
- Possess excellent organisational skills, outstanding work ethic and punctuality
- Have a capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment – must be a skilled multi-tasker and fantastic problem solver
- Strong experience with medical terminology
- Happy to perform ad-hoc administration duties for our team including Specialists and allied health staff
- Meeting and greeting patients – managing consulting sessions including issuing invoicing and taking payments
- General tidying and maintenance cleaning of the practice
Successful candidates for this role will require:
- Exceptional customer service with empathy and attention to detail (this cannot be overstated)
- An extremely friendly, professional, dignified and kind manner to all people with whom you deal with assisting them in their challenging clinical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Amazing organisational skills
- Good typing skills (for urgent letters only) and IT savvy
- Medical secretarial background, along with experience with higher duties, ideally having experience with Clinic to Cloud practice software, and having worked within a Specialist practice
- Motivation to assist in growing and improving our practice
- Ability to be able to cover leave for other staff
What you will get in return:
You will work within a very supportive and caring work environment with our Surgeon, Specialists, allied health staff and patients. You will be paid an above award salary with permanent employment benefits, upskilling opportunities including training and be able to forge a career in a successful medical practice.
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter, quoting the reference number 778.
Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up-to-date with our roles.