Part Time Medical Receptionist
- Expanding well-established boutique practice
- Glen Iris location – Commencement October/November
- General Practice, Integrative & Cosmetic Medicine
Would you like to work at a GP practice with a difference, where the patient care comes first? Are you interested in integrative care? Then please apply.
Our clinic is well-established and highly regarded for its Integrative Medical practice specialising in Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Nutritional supplements, Acupuncture and Cosmetic medicine, and after 16 successful years is expanding to deliver dedicated GP/family medicine to new and existing patients.
About the role
Newly created, the role will initially focus on setting up the General Practice, working closely with the Doctor and other key stakeholders of this lovely family business to implement supporting procedures and processes, systems, and build trusted business relationships.
Generally the hours of work will be from Tuesday to Thursday, 10:30am – 7:30pm and some weekends, with flexibility required at times to meet the needs of the business. It will be offered as a permanent part-time role ideally to someone seeking a long term career. The minimum contracted hours will be 40 hours per fortnight, however availability and flexibility to work extended hours will be appreciated and rewarded.
Initially a start-up role, it will evolve into a busy medical practice welcoming new patients and enabling you to showcase your proven front desk reception, medical administration, and high level customer service skills.
Typically the role will be responsible for;
- Handling all phone communication in a professional and empathetic manner
- Scheduling and managing appointments – including managing consulting sessions
- Responding to patients and visitor enquiries
- Manage Front office/reception area and facilitate smooth patient flow by communicating with patients and clinical staff, being aware of delays
- Understanding and ensuring important private information is kept confidential
- Manage accounts and process billings & receipting
- Scanning, filing and faxing confidential documents
- Managing medical records and keeping information updated
- General administration duties including ad-hoc duties as required by management
- Efficient and confidential management of all patient data, clinical files, and correspondence
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Professional phone etiquette and extremely high level of customer service (wow us with your eloquent manner)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills – with a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills especially proficiency in Genie Medical Software and MS Office software
- Impeccable presentation
- Proven experience of working in a well functioning team
- Previous experience working as a Medical Receptionist in a GP practice and basic medical terminology
- Be able to work under pressure – being unflappable at busy times
- High attention to detail
- Able to manage time and prioritise workload
- Problem solving mindset and be able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Quick and efficient in learning new processes & procedures
- Strong organisational and follow up skills
- Warm, friendly and welcoming style
- Trustworthy, reliable, and committed
- Demonstrate high degree of confidentiality regarding all patients and clinical information
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated and passionate about patient care
- Sound GP practice knowledge and experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, a good problem solver and ability to multi-task
- Strong computing skill with experience in Microsoft, and Genie advantageous
- Well-presented, professional style, and passionate about maintaining good health and wellbeing
Hours/Days: Tuesday till Thursday – 10:30am till 7:30pm
Every second weekend – 8am till 5pm (flexible with rosters and dependent on patient bookings)
Only on-line applications will be considered, and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please include a written application and your resume with your on-line application detailing why you are looking for a new role, and how your GP medical practice experience can wow in this opportunity.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment as well as a remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 788.
Please follow us on our Instagram page: RecruitmentatRWS