Part Time Medical Secretary
- 2-3 days per week – Redlands area – Work/life balance – Close to home
- Great team and flexible friendly culture – General and Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Early November commencement – Clinic to Cloud
Do you like to provide that extra personal service, patients are always looking for? Are you proud of your attention to detail skills? Then please apply.
Our two delightful Surgeons (General/Colorectal and Orthopaedic) are seeking an experienced Medical Secretary to assist them in running a practice where patient care is at an optimum. Our preferred Medical Secretary will pride themselves on providing platinum care for our patients, along with providing excellent administration support to our Surgeons. This role will report to our Practice Manager and principal Surgeons.
Your ability to be flexible and to pre-empt situations and to be able to manage changing schedules and priorities to suit our Surgeons and patient’s needs is required at this practice. Your attention to detail skills only come second to your patient care skills
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing an outstanding level of customer service and strong skill level in all aspects of a Medical Secretarial role including telephone manner and face to face interaction, with a “can do” attitude
- Assisting in managing consulting sessions with our Medical Receptionist
- Experience using medical software (Clinic to Cloud – highly desirable)
- Professional in your presentation, written and verbal communication
- Theatre bookings including surgery quotations and billings (essential) including Health Funds (via Eclipse)
- Experience in Workcover, MAIC and DVA
- Possess excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, outstanding work ethic and punctuality
- Providing audio typing skills (for urgent letters only) and editing and reviewing those outsourced.
- Display outstanding interpersonal, team member and communication capabilities
- Have a capacity to perform well in a very busy environment, with an unflappable demeanour.
- IT Savvy, with great troubleshooting skills and to perform ad hoc duties as required by our extremely busy Surgeons.
- Experience working in and complimenting cohesive and well-functioning teams
- Happily perform duties for our Surgeon’s; no task too big or too small.
To be successful in this role it is essential you can demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a Specialist Medical Practice (General/Orthopaedic) – highly desirable)
- A professional approach to work, with exceptional customer care and service skills (we can’t overstate this)
- “Can do” attitude who is extremely organised, who are a concise communicator to the rest of our team and patients
- Flexible in your approach to all aspects of the Practice and strong attention to detail
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure
- Minimum two (2) years Medical Secretarial experience (Surgical highly regarded)
- Great organisation skills with a can-do attitude and great team player attributes.
Salary will be well above the Award and based upon experience. Please quote ref: 793.