- Work/life balance – 4 days or part of 5 days (28 to 32 hours per week)
- Pivotal role – work close to home – Mentone location
- Clinical Haematology Practice – above Award pay rate
Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail? Is can-do your specialty? Do you want a healthy work/life balance? Then we want to hear from you.
Our Specialists are looking for a Senior Medical Secretary to step up and provide office management and medical administration tasks including patient administration for our paperless practice. You will report directly to our Specialists. You will also oversee and assist our Medical Receptionist when they are managing Consulting Sessions. If you have Nursing experience, this would be viewed favourably.
This is a pivotal role in our practice and may lead to further career opportunities in the future.
At our practice our patients are our number one priority (this cannot be overstated). Therefore, your amazing attention to detail skills will assist them in their patient journey. All your dealings with our patients will be via face to face or electronically.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Professional and proficient demeanour and presentation – excellent grammar and medical terminology
- Unflappable personality, that likes to create and implement efficient systems
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude
- Experience using Best Practice, Mediflex and ECLIPSE (or similar medical software programs)
- IT savvy – to be able to troubleshoot if and when needed
- No audio typing
- Ability to work independently with initiative
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task in a busy environment along with being open to direction to ensure the smooth running of the practice
- Constantly takes pride in their work and productivity, who loves to assist particularly for patients in need and is flexible in times of demand
- Assisting our Receptionist with managing onsite consulting sessions
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the smooth efficient running of the practice.
- Respond to and manage patient communication tasks including phone calls and emails
- Co-ordinate between our off-site locations including appointments booking, billing and consulting
- Welcoming patients face to face, phone calls and other forums of contact in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner – making them feel as if they really matter
- Back office tasks including regular financial reporting for both Specialists
- Providing exceptional attention to detail in all tasks and duties
- Updating Medical Software and Medication Software including troubleshooting any issues
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments and assisting with consultation sessions including invoicing and receipting (for sessions off and on site)
- Collecting, entering and uploading patient details and reports
- Performing general administrative duties and ad-hoc duties as required for the Specialists
28 – 32 hours over 4 to 5 days per week
Appropriate above Award payrate based on skills and experience. If you would like a chance to step up in your role and take on this opportunity, please apply. Ref: 809.