Permanent Part Time Medical Receptionist
- Multiple part time positions (3-4 days per week) – Work/life balance
- On-site parking – Mulgrave or North Dandenong location
- Expanding progressive multi-site GP practice
Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail skills? Only coming second to your patient care skills? Then we want to hear from you.
Be part of a multi-site practice. One site is bulk billed the other privately billed. We are an expanding progressive practice, with a large team (multi-skilled) and extremely amiable Directors and management.
Our practice recognises that this position is one of the most important roles in our team. You will be our true “Director of First Impressions”, wowing patients with your sincere and empathetic care, but at the same time ticking all the boxes to ensure we are compliant. Reporting directly to the Administration Manager, you will be the first point of contact between patients and the practice. The role requires the following:
- Handling all phone communication in a professional and empathetic manner
- Scheduling and managing appointments
- Respond to patients and visitor enquiries
- Manage Front office/reception area and facilitate smooth patient flow by communicating with patients and clinical staff, being aware of delays
- Understanding and ensuring important private information is kept confidential
- Manage accounts and process billings & receipting
- Scanning, filing and faxing confidential documents
- Managing medical records and keeping information updated
- General administration duties including ad-hoc duties as required by management
Required skill set:
- Professional phone etiquette and high level of customer service (wow us with your professional manner)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills – with a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills especially proficiency in Medical Director/Pracsoft and MS Office software
- Proven experience of working in a well functioning team
- Previous experience working as a Medical Receptionist in a GP practice and basic medical terminology
- Be able to work under pressure – being unflappable at busy times
- High attention to detail
- Able to manage time and prioritise workload
- Problem solving mindset
- Maintain confidentiality
- Quick and efficient in learning new processes & procedures
- Strong organisational and follow up skills
The role is diverse and rewarding, being able to help assist patients with their health needs and Doctors with their administrative requirements. If you would like to work in a rewarding, busy and supportive environment then we would like to hear from you. Please attach your cover letter and resume to your application. Noting reference number: 816.
Follow our instagram page at RecruitmentatRWS.