Full Time Senior Medical Secretary – WFH
- Start up practice – Fantastic, respectful and amiable Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Initially 4.5 days WFH – eventually (after set-up stage) 2 days WFH
- Work close to home (when at the practice) Frankston – Commencement start of April
Would you like a pivotal role in setting up a start up with our delightful Surgeon? Do you enjoy WFH? Are you the guru of systems? Then please apply.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Medical Secretary to use their extensive experience to assist this Surgeon with his start-up practice. We are seeking an energetic, experienced, self-motivated and customer service minded Senior Medical Secretary for a permanent full-time initially WFH 4.5 days a week (.5 day a week in practice consulting), and as the consulting sessions (and practice) gradually grows, the hours on-site will increase (over time) to eventually 2 days per week WFH. As the pivotal member of this team, you will need to demonstrate an exceptional commitment to ensuring our practice runs at its optimum and ensure we display exceptional patient care and have the ability to think outside the square and display initiative. We cannot overstate how delightful this Surgeon is.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience using Xestro (transitioning from C2C) – or similar medical software programs
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude – a real team player
- Audio typing (for urgent letters only)
- Experience at a Speciality Medical Practice (Orthopaedic viewed highly)
- Professional appearance and demeanour (with outstanding customer service and strong skill level on all aspects of the Medical Secretarial role (dealing with Worksafe and TAC viewed highly)
- Theatre bookings and Surgical billing (and quoting) experience (Eclipse experience viewed highly)
- Ability to work independently with initiative and also love being part of a team (which includes our other stakeholders)
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and thrive in implementing systems
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task in a busy environment, happily being the gatekeeper for our Surgeon
- IT Savvy with great troubleshooting skills
- Professional manner verbally and written
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing new practice systems – you are the guru of systems and processes.
- Welcoming patients into the practice and answering phone calls in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times (cannot be overstated)
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments
- Undertaking Theatre bookings and Surgical billing including patient billing and processing of payments
- Performing general administrative duties such as scanning, faxing, mail sorting, filing and following-up patient enquiries
- Supporting and assisting our Surgeon in a range of administration and ad-hoc tasks.
Appropriate above award remuneration based on skills and experience.
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills/experience required, we’d love to hear from you. Please upload your resume and cover letter and quote ref: 821.