- Work/life balance – 3 full days
- Hematology/Oncology Practice – above Award pay rate
- Mentone – parking
Do you pride yourself on your customer service skills and admin skills? Is a can-do pre-emptive attitude your specialty? Do you want a healthy work/life balance? Then we want to hear from you.
Our Specialists are looking for a Medical Receptionist to join our reception team and assist with managing our consulting sessions, office management and handle medical administration tasks including patient administration for our practice. You will report directly to our Specialists.
This is an important patient facing role in our practice and may lead to further upskilling opportunities in the future. If you have nursing experience, this would be viewed favourably.
At our practice, our patients are our number one priority (this cannot be overstated). Therefore, your amazing customer service and attention to detail skills will assist them in their patient journey. All your dealings with our patients will be via face to face or electronically.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Professional and proficient demeanour and presentation – excellent grammar and medical terminology
- Unflappable personality, that likes to follow efficient systems
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude (leave a fantastic impression)
- Experience using Best Practice, Mediflex and ECLIPSE (or similar medical software programs)
- IT savvy – to be able to troubleshoot if needed
- Ability to work independently with initiative and in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task in a busy environment along with being open to direction (from Specialists) to ensure the smooth running of the practice
- Constantly takes pride in their work and productivity, who loves to assist particularly for patients in need and is flexible in times of demand
- Assisting our Specialists and Medical Secretary as and when needed (ad hoc duties)
Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and assisting in the smooth efficient running of the practice.
- Handling referrals from patients
- Directing patients to our interactive website to load paperwork or send via email/mail if needed
- Managing the phone
- Back office tasks including regular financial reporting for both specialists
- Updating Medical Software and Medication software including troubleshooting any issues
- Co-ordinate with our off-site consulting locations including appointment booking, billing and consulting
- Respond to and manage patient communication tasks including phone calls and emails
- Welcoming patients face to face, phone calls and other forums of contact in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner – making them feel as if they really matter
- Providing exceptional attention to detail in all tasks and duties
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments and assisting with consultation sessions including invoicing and receipting (for sessions off and on site)
- Collecting, entering and uploading patient details and reports
- Performing general administrative duties and ad-hoc duties as required for the Specialists
- Covering leave (sick and annual, with notice) for our other Medical Receptionist
3 full days
Appropriate above Award payrate based on skills and experience. If you would like a chance to step up in your role and take on this opportunity, please apply. Ref: 828