Part time Medical Receptionist/Audio Typist
- 3 days per week – St Vincent’s Private – Kew
- Be upskilled in Genie Medical Software
- Learn from the best – Work/lifestyle balance
This is a role that you will be able to display your great patient care skills along with your IT savviness.
About the role
We are looking for a friendly and proactive medical receptionist with good typing skills to join our surgical practice on a permanent part time basis. Previous experience in medical reception/administration is essential for this role.
You will provide administrative and reception support to our Surgeon and patients. An important aspect to this role is the audiotyping of letters, to be sent out with a fast turnaround.
The role will be based at our Kew rooms (within St Vincent Private Hospital) and is 3 days per week .
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with managing consulting sessions, meet and greet
- Answering the practice phone in a professional, caring and warm manner
- Manage appointment diary and referrals
- Administrative duties as required (e.g.: scanning, send/receive correspondence, inbox maintenance)
- Audiotyping letters
- Flexibility to cover staff annual and sick leave
Skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- One to two years minimum experience as a Medical Receptionist in a similar environment; experience in Specialist rooms highly advantageous but not essential, if you have GP experience please apply
- Experience liaising with Surgeons, staff and allied health professionals and patients (warm and respectful manner when interacting with staff, patients and all medical professionals)
- Prior experience with medical software with strong computer/IT (including troubleshooting) skills and Genie experience
- Typing speed (minimum 70-80 words per minute)
- Your patient care skills are only second to your attention to detail skills
- Experience and ability to meet deadlines – fast turnaround of letters – 24 hours optimum
- Overtime may be required once or twice per month if the surgeon finishes consulting after 5pm so that all letters are typed and sent out on the day – we pride ourselves in our turnaround.
You will be reporting to our Practice Manager who will support and guide you in this role.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
8:30am till 5:00pm
1 x Thursday a month, twilight session 12pm-8.30pm.
If this is a role that suits your skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via Seek and quote ref: 831
Please view our instagram page: recruitmentatrws