- WFH options on some days
- Amazing opportunity to work with our Pain Medicine Specialist/Pain Proceduralist and our great team
- Work close to home – Clayton – July commencement
Do you pride yourself in your attention to detail? Do you want to make a difference in our patients lives? Then we want to hear from you.
Our practice is looking for a medical secretary who loves dealing with patients and being the right hand of our Pain Proceduralist. You thrive on using your extensive medical secretarial skills to organise and help our patients. You will be liaising with our referral base and treating all at the practice with respect and dignity.
You pride yourself on your organisation skills which only comes second to your attention to detail. You will also draw on your extensive people skills to assist patients in need.
Main duties include:
- Having a good understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, Surgical Quoting (small amount of Surgical Billing) including liaising with Hospital staff, Anaesthetist’s and Surgical Assistants
- Managing end of day, week and month reporting and batching
- Relief with Meet and Greet – managing consulting
- Professional in your presentation, written and verbal communication
- Having previous medical secretarial experience including managing consulting sessions (billing only), debt collection, maintaining Medicare and DVA fees schedules and tracking income for our Specialists
- Gentu Medical Software (or similar) including experience with known Gaps, no Gaps and AMA fees
- Experience with TAC and Workcover (viewed favourably) and medical terminology
- Being experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare
- Possess excellent organisational skills, outstanding work ethic and punctuality
- Have a capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment – must be a skilled multi-tasker and fantastic problem solver
- Managing consulting sessions including issuing invoicing and taking payments
Successful candidates for this role will require:
- Exceptional customer service with empathy and attention to detail
- Access to car and current car licence (consulting offsite twice a month)
- Home office set up – for WFH
- An extremely friendly, professional, dignified and kind manner to all people with whom you deal with assisting them in their challenging clinical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good typing skills (for urgent letters only) and IT savvy
- Medical secretarial background, along with experience with higher duties, ideally having experience with Gentu practice software, and having worked within a Specialist practice
- Motivation to assist in growing and improving our practice
What you will get in return:
You will work within a very supportive and caring work environment with our Surgeon, Specialists and patients. You will be paid an above award salary with permanent employment benefits, upskilling opportunities including training and be able to forge a career in a successful medical practice.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the Recruitment process.
How to apply
Follow us on Instagram: RecruitmentatRWS.
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter, quoting the reference number: 857