Part Time Practice Nurse (RN)
- Expanding well-established boutique practice – Work/life balance – Glen Iris
- Family GP – Integrative medicine – Cosmetic Medicine – close parking
- 3 days per week and additional shifts every 2nd weekend optional
Are you interested in Family medicine, integrative and cosmetic medicine? Would you like to work at a practice with a difference, where the patient care comes first? Then please apply.
Our Family Medicine GP clinic is well-established, modern and family oriented practice. It is highly regarded for its Integrative Medical practice specialising in Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Acupuncture as well as Cosmetic medicine. After 16 successful years it has recently expanded to deliver dedicated and personalised GP & Family medicine to new and existing patients for a truly integrative and holistic approach.
About the role
Newly created, the Practice Nurse will support the doctor with the provision of patient clinical assessments and treatments (including shared care), and excellent patient triage and outstanding care for new and long-standing patients who have a loyal affiliation with the medical practice.
Availability and flexibility to work extended hours will be appreciated and rewarded. It will be offered as a permanent part-time role (can consider casual) to someone seeking a rewarding and long term position.
This role will best suit a mature minded, flexible and experienced Registered Nurse who will help to build up the general practice and who enjoys developing effective clinical services and patient care for the business. We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated team member, with a genuine interest in integrative medicine and cosmetic medicine.
Typically, the role will be responsible for;
- Care plans and Health assessments
- Proactive support for all patients with screening, health education and promotion
- Reminders & Recalls
- Pathology collecting
- Management of treatment room & stock supply
- Front desk reception duties and support (enquiries, bookings, invoicing, referrals, test results, patient reports) – Reception relief and covering leave
- Setting up patients for procedures & educating them on pre and post treatments
- Instrument sterilisation and infection control protocols
- Efficient and confidential management of all patient data, clinical files, and correspondence
- Wound care when required
- Ensuring treatment room is set up and managed compliantly
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Current AHPRA RN registration
- Minimum 2 years GP nursing experience preferred
- Understanding of MBS item and incentives
- Actively promote the practice and the services offered
- CPR certification and current Working with Children
- Pathology collection & Venepuncture
- Cervical screens
- Health Care Plans
- 12-lead ECG
- IV infusions
- Warm, friendly and welcoming style
- Trustworthy, reliable, and committed
- Demonstrate high degree of confidentiality regarding all patients and clinical information
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated
- Passionate about patient care
- Sound GP practice knowledge and experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, a good problem solver and ability to multi-task
- Strong computing skill with experience in Microsoft, and Genie advantageous
- Well-presented, professional style, and passionate about maintaining good health and wellbeing
Tuesday till Thursday – 10:00am till 5:00pm
Optional: every second weekend – 8:30am till 1:30pm (flexible with rosters and dependent on patient bookings)
Only on-line applications will be considered, and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please include a written application and your resume with your on-line application detailing why you are looking for a new role, and how your specialist medical practice experience can wow in this opportunity.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment as well as a remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 864.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the Recruitment process.
For further updates follow our Instagram page: RecruitmentatRWS.