Full Time Medical Dental Assistant
- Enjoy working in a great team? Come join our new practice
- Parking – 9-day fortnight – long days (full time wage)
- Oral and Maxillofacial practice – brand new modern Practice – established Surgeon
Do you enjoy working along with an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon? Do you like to wow our patients with your customer service and clinical skills and make a difference in our Surgeon’s and patients’ lives? Then we want to hear from you!
Our Oral and Maxillofacial practice is seeking a professional, highly organised, and experienced Dental Assistant to support our team and be part of our new journey. Our Surgeon is established, and now embarking on his own practice. Your role will be to provide full clinical assistance to our Surgeon.
Your attention to detail skills will be almost as good as your customer service skills, you love to be organised and greeting our patients with a huge smile! You will use your warm and enthusiastic personality, to put our patients at ease.
Our requirements are:
- Professional in your presentation, written and verbal communication
- Having previous Dental Assistant experience including managing consulting sessions and meet and greet (relief)
- Experience with Genie Medical Software (or similar)
- Happy to perform ad-hoc administration duties for our specialists and our Practice Manager
- Be a great team player – happy to assist others when needed and love working in well-functioning teams
- Assisting the surgeons with the preparation and follow up of surgical procedures (in room) extraordinary facial surgeries, and medical/dental multi-disciplinary patients in hospital theatres as well as in the rooms under local anaesthesia or IV drip
- Possess excellent organisational skills, outstanding work ethic and punctuality
- Have a capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment – must be a skilled multi-tasker
- Assisting with stock or ordering, inventory tracking and management
- Supporting management to ensure the clinical activities and processes are performed effectively and efficiently
- Assisting with taking clinical records (clinical photos) and radiographs (if have Cert IV in Dental Radiology and radiology licence)
- Assisting with accreditation requirements of the practice, infection control, radiation and sedation accreditation
- Experience with theatre bookings, in room procedure bookings and surgical quoting and billing viewed favourably
- Liaising with hospitals, health funds and external practices
- Hands on attitude, where nothing is beneath them, whether the job is big or small
- Clear and concise communicator who pre-empts our specialists’ needs, who is proactive not reactive
- ‘Can do’ attitude who is extremely organised and prides themselves on their attention to detail
- Honest, trustworthy, loyal, and dependable
- Friendly with quiet confidence, always happy to assist others
- Must have minimum two (2) years Dental Assistant experience with Cert IV in Dental Assisting or desire to work towards
- Private Specialist experience is viewed highly
Days: 9-day fortnight (day off to be negotiated)
Hours: 8:15am till 5:15pm (30-minute unpaid lunch per day)
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive work environment as well as a remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 866.
Follow us on Instagram: RecruitmentatRWS.