- Brand new practice – full time or 4 days per week
- Colorectal Surgeons (established) – upskill from a Medical Receptionist
- Parking – amazing culture – Cooks Hill
Do you want to make a difference in our patients’ lives? Do you thrive on helping people? Are you a great team player? If yes, then this is the job for you!
Our practice will be at the opening stages at the beginning of September (and have a hard open in October) we want to give you time to get up to speed so commencement would be ideally early September. We are seeking a caring and professional healthcare Secretary with excellent organisation and administrative skills to become part of our team.
We cannot overstate how lovely our Surgeons are, you will love coming to work.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value in a new practice, with a can-do attitude, with their attention to detail skills only coming second to their patient care.
Duties and responsibilities
As our Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for facilitating the flow of patients into and out of the medical practice (particularly meet and greet). You will be the first point of contact and a key representative of our practice.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing platinum service to patients on the phone and in person
- Managing meet and greet consulting sessions
- Practice communications (responding to phone calls and emails)
- Assisting our Practice-Cordinator with theatre bookings and quoting (experience in this would be viewed favourably)
- Gentu Medical Software (experience viewed favourably)
- Having previous medical secretarial experience including managing consulting sessions (billing only), debt collection, maintaining Medicare and DVA fees schedules
- Urgent typing only (main typing outsourced)
- General office administration
- Assisting to create a great culture in the practice
- using your creativity and experience to create more efficient medical processes and procedures
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture.
Successful candidates for this role will require:
- Exceptional customer service with empathy and attention to detail (this cannot be overstated)
- An extremely friendly, professional, dignified and kind manner to all people with whom you deal with assisting them in their challenging clinical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Amazing organisational skills
- Medical secretarial background, along with experience with higher duties, ideally having experience with Gentu practice software, and having worked within a Specialist practice
- Motivation to assist in growing and improving our practice
- Ability to be able to cover leave for other staff (if 4 days per week)
- who has worked as a medical receptionist before and is looking to take their skills to the next level – (if you haven’t worked as a medical secretary before, but think you would still be perfect for this job- please tell us why)
- who is comfortable using and learning new software -Gentu
- who demonstrates initiative
- with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- who values and fosters a supportive and respectful workplace culture
- Being experienced working with various health funds and Medicare
- Have a capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment, must be skilled multi-tasker and fantastic problem solver.
Experience using medical practice management software is desirable – but everything can be taught. Most importantly, we want to find someone who can provide great customer service & learn along the way.
What you will get in return:
You will work within a very supportive and caring work environment with our Surgeons, team and patients. You will be paid an above award salary with permanent employment benefits, upskilling opportunities including training and be able to forge a career in a successful medical practice.
Full time, part time, and casual positions available with hours negotiable.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter, quoting the reference number: 872. Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up-to-date with our roles.