Full Time Senior Medical Secretary
- Chance to upskill – Urology Surgeon – Great remuneration
- Lovely team, working alongside other practices – East Melbourne
- Parking provided – possible WFH options (1 day per week) once fully competent and trained
Are you looking for a pivotal role in a team that is passionate about delivering a high level of service to our patients and creating a respectful and supportive workplace? Do you pride yourself on your customer service skills? If yes, then this is the job for you!
Our practice is seeking a caring, empathetic and professional healthcare Senior Medical Secretary (with room to grow) with excellent organisation and administrative skills to lead our team. If you have experience as a Senior Medical Secretary and would like to take on higher skills – please apply.
We cannot overstate how lovely this Surgeon is. At RWS we have worked with him for years, and he is amiable, friendly, fair and reasonable.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value to our established practice, and who is looking for opportunities that would accompany future practice growth. We have a flexible working arrangement culture and would be happy to negotiate working conditions.
Duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for managing and (at times) hands on in facilitating the flow of patients into and out of the medical practice. You will be a pivotal part of our team, and responsible for managing our staff and ensuring a smooth and efficient running practice. Possible WFH options (1 day per week) once fully competent and trained.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Have a great understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, and Surgical Quotes and Billing
- Liaising with patients, hospitals, anaesthetists and various health care providers.
- Some knowledge of Clinic to Cloud Medical Software would be great but not essential
- Be experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare (ECLIPSE viewed highly)
- Handling consultation sessions (meet and greet alongside our Medical Receptionist),
- Processing referrals and managing clinical appointments along with our medical receptionist
- Invoicing and receipting for consulting (including chasing overdue accounts)
- Basic IT skills expected
- Managing incoming emails including screening and prioritising
- Ensuring the practice is running in an efficient manner, including ensuring all tasks and administration tasks are up to date.
- Training new staff and training current staff with updated clinical policies and procedures
- Assisting the Principal in PA and ad hoc duties as required
- Ensuring our rooms are always immaculate, including the consulting rooms
- Providing excellent service to patients on the phone and in person
- Communications (responding to phone calls and emails)
- General office administration
- Ensuring rooms are re-stocked
- Being professional, caring, and respectful at all times – making a difference in our patient’s lives
- Using your creativity and experience to create more efficient medical processes and procedures
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture. You will be working for a single surgeon, and your role will be supported by two part-time medical receptionists, a urology nurse practitioner, a bookkeeper, and an expert IT support team.
If you have experience in the following or want to upskill, please apply:
- with the ambition to grow with the practice
- who has worked as a Senior Medical Secretary before and is looking to take their skills to the next level
- who is comfortable using and learning new software
- who demonstrates initiative
- with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- who values and fosters a supportive and respectful workplace culture
- wants a role where they love coming to work
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment as well as a great remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage.
Apply now quoting the reference number: 874. Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up to date with our roles.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.