- Inclusive and diverse practice – parking onsite – room to grow
- Bulleen – Specialist Surgeon – Commence early October
- Negotiable WFH 1 to 2 days per week – further training and development provided
Are you looking for a pivotal role in a practice that is passionate about delivering a high level of service to our patients and creating a respectful and supportive workplace? Do you pride yourself on your inclusive and diversity skills? If yes, then this is the job for you!
Our practice is seeking a caring, empathetic, compassionate (can’t be overstated) and professional healthcare Practice Co-ordinator (with room to grow) with excellent organisation and administrative skills. We have a very diverse demographic of patients, and your high level of patient care will make them feel comfortable and valued.
We cannot overstate how lovely this Surgeon is. His vision is to create a progressive culture and practice that values each and every one of his patients regardless of their challenges. This vision is also reflected in the treatment of the practice staff, where further on-going training opportunities will be provided.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value to our new practice (established Surgeon), who loves coming to work and who is looking for opportunities that would accompany future practice growth. We have a flexible working arrangement culture and would be happy to negotiate working conditions.
Duties and responsibilities
As a Practice Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for managing and (initially) hands on involvement in facilitating the flow of patients into and out of the medical practice. You will be a pivotal part of our team and ensuring a smooth and efficient running practice. Possible WFH options (1 to 2 days per week) once fully competent and trained.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Have a great understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, and Surgical Quotes and Billing (some training can be provided)
- Audio transcription experience
- Medium to expert level of experience and understanding of Genie Medical Software including producing reporting (or other relevant medical software)
- Be experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare (ECLIPSE viewed highly)
- Handling consultation sessions, telephone queries and email correspondence in a professional and warm understanding manner
- Managing clinical appointments
- Invoicing and receipting for consulting (including chasing overdue accounts)
- IT Savvy with great troubleshooting skills
- Managing incoming emails including screening and prioritising
- Multi-tasking and performing ad-hoc duties as required
- Ensuring the practice is running in an efficient manner, including ensuring all tasks and administration tasks are up to date.
- Assisting the Principal in PA and ad hoc duties as required
- Ensuring our rooms are always immaculate, including the consulting rooms
- Providing excellent service to patients on the phone and in person
- Communications (responding to phone calls and emails
- General office administration
- Ensuring rooms are re-stocked
- Being professional, caring and respectful at all times – making a difference in our patient’s lives
- Using your creativity and experience to create more efficient medical processes and procedures
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture.
If you have experience in the following or want to upskill, please apply:
- with the ambition to grow with the practice
- who has worked as a Senior Medical Secretary before and is looking to take their skills to the next level
- who is comfortable using and learning new software
- who demonstrates initiative
- with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- who values and fosters a supportive and respectful workplace culture
- wants a role where they love coming to work
Hours: Monday and Wednesday long days, Thursday and Fridays shorter days, Tuesday (and either Thursday or Friday WFH options, once fully trained)
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment (additional on-going training and development plan) as well as a great remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage.
Apply now quoting the reference number: 879. Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up to date with our roles.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process