Part-Time Medical Receptionist
Our paediatric practice service in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne is recruiting a mature minded part-time Medical Receptionist to assist us in the practice – commencement October.
Our principal is gathering a group of likeminded professionals to work with her at our practice to work with our community. We all have the same values and vision and work together collaboratively. Everyone (can’t be overstated) is passionate about what they do and want to make a real difference to children and their families.
Due to growth, we are looking for friendly and positive individual to join our wonderful team at our private practice in Ringwood, Melbourne.
Your attention to detail skills will only come second to your customer and patient care – you pride yourselves on your empathetic and patient manner and your ability to think outside the square and troubleshoot.
Hours are 9.00am – 5.00pm Thursday and Friday (with potential for Wednesdays) with some flexibility around school hours.
- Use of Genie medical software to manage all of our patients
- Attention to detail in your care for our patients
- Managing our meet and greet consulting sessions including billing
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Work closely with and supporting the practice manager
- Prepare and receipt of patient accounts
- Phone enquiries
- Admin duties as required
- Experience with Genie software essential, Medicare and Microsoft Office Suite (desirable)
- Able to touch type
- You will enjoy working independently and feel confident to manage all matters at the front desk whilst the Doctor is consulting
- IT savvy and love to improve efficiency, training will be provided regarding storage and maintenance of data (great IT support)
- Work well with a small team
- Manage a very busy environment
- Professional outlook – managing professionally with patients and their families
- Understanding of Medicare schedule and claiming
- Strong understanding of confidentiality
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- You will be directly reporting to the Practice Manager and Principal
- Minimum 5 years experience as a medical receptionist
- Computer literate (Genie essential)
- Experience in mental health, paediatrics or family health will be very highly regarded
- Nursing experience will be highly regarded
- To be available to cover personal and annual leave
- This position is available as part time (2 – 3 days/week – Thursday/Friday and possibly Wednesday)
- Free onsite parking
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive team
Offering parking onsite, working within a secure environment and competitive remuneration dependent on skill level and experience. This Medical Receptionist role is available for an immediate start or September.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the Recruitment process.