- Part Time Job Share position – 3 days per week, or ½ day every day (negotiable)
- Women’s health hub (Gynaecology etc) – near Sunshine transport hub
- Modern state of the art rooms – WFH option 1 day a week once fully trained
Do you want to make a difference in our patients’ lives? Do you thrive on helping people? Are you a great team player? If yes, then this is the job for you!
Our practice will be at the opening stages in February 2023 (and have a hard open in March) we want to give you time to get up to speed so commencement would be the start of February 2023 (with bespoke training at an offsite facility – professional offices). We are seeking two caring and professional healthcare Secretaries with excellent organisation and administrative skills to become part of our team.
We are a young dynamic female practice, who are family-focused. We cannot overstate how lovely our Surgeons and clinicians (including allied) are, you will love coming to work.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value in a new practice, with a can-do attitude, with their attention to detail skills only coming second to their patient care. There will be WFH options, once fully trained and competent and mutually agreed.
Duties and responsibilities
As our Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for facilitating the flow of patients into and out of the medical practice (particularly meet and greet and theatre bookings, billings and quoting). You will be the first point of contact and a key representative of our practice. As our team grows you may be given higher duties.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing platinum service to patients on the phone and in person.
- Managing meet and greet consulting sessions.
- Practice communications (responding to phone calls and emails).
- Managing theatre bookings, quoting and billing (experience in this would be viewed favourably) including Gap and known Gap fees
- Xestro Medical Software (experience viewed favourably).
- Having previous medical secretarial experience including managing consulting sessions (billing only), debt collection, maintaining Medicare and DVA fees schedules.
- Urgent typing only (main typing outsourced).
- General office administration.
- Assisting to create a great culture in the practice.
- Using your creativity and experience to create more efficient medical processes and procedures.
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture.
Successful candidates for this role will require:
- Exceptional customer service with empathy and attention to detail (this cannot be overstated)
- An extremely friendly, professional, dignified and kind manner to all people with whom you deal with assisting them in their challenging clinical issues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Amazing organisational skills
- Medical secretarial background, along with experience with higher duties, ideally having experience with Xestro (or similar) practice software, and having worked within a Specialist practice
- Motivation to assist in growing and improving our practice
- Ability to be able to cover leave for other staff (with notice)
- Experience in demonstrating initiative and have strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Being experienced working with various health funds and Medicare
- Have a capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment, must be skilled multi-tasker and fantastic problem solver.
If you can speak languages other than English this will be viewed highly.
Hours/Days – a sample of hours/days noted below (not necessarily set in stone, for the right candidate we are willing to work with them):
3 x Full day shifts:
Monday – Wednesday 8:30am till 6:00pm Wednesday – Friday 8:30am till 6:00pm
Half day shifts:
8:00am – 2:00pm Monday to Friday
12 noon to 6.00pm Monday to Friday
What you will get in return:
You will work within a very supportive and caring work environment with our Surgeons, team and patients. You will be paid an above award salary with permanent employment benefits, upskilling opportunities including training and be able to forge a career in a successful medical practice.
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter, quoting the reference number: 891.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up-to-date with our roles