Senior Medical Secretary
- 2.5 days per week (room to grow)– and possible Saturday morning once a month
- WFH one day a fortnight a possible option in future
- Waurn Ponds – work/life balance – commence late January 2023
Do you love to make a difference in our patient’s lives? Do you thrive on being a gatekeeper for our busy Surgeon? Then please apply.
Our practice is looking for a mature minded Senior Medical Secretary who excels in process, empathy, sensitivity and caring for our Patients and our lovely, engaging and personable Colorectal Surgeon. You pride yourself on your attention to detail only coming second to your customer care skills. Our Patients are our number one priority (this cannot be overstated)! Prior experience in Private Surgical Practice is viewed favourably.
Our rooms are in Epworth Geelong (paid parking negotiable). Flexible in your hours (if needed) would be viewed highly. Working within rooms with other admin staff who work with other Specialists, where you would be trained and supported (and you will support) other staff.
- Have a great understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings and Surgical Quotes
- Experience and understanding of Mediflex Medical Software (or similar)
- Be experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare (ECLIPSE)
- Handle consultation sessions (meet and greet) and telephone queries in a professional and warm manner
- Managing appointments, Invoicing, Receipting and Theatre Bookings and Surgical Quotes
- Savvy IT skills
- Managing incoming emails including screening and prioritising
- Multi-tasking and performing ad-hoc administrative duties as required
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary in a Private Practice setting (Surgical viewed favourably)
- Mediflex experience (or similar Medical Software)
- Capability to set up a Practice and putting processes and procedures in place
- Ability to be flexible in prioritising duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well-presented and professional in attire, written and verbal manner and compassionate with all patients
- Ability to work independently at the front desk
- Audio typing skills viewed highly
- Financial reporting experienced, end of day, week and month reporting
- Experience in a busy/fast paced Practice
- Ability to increase hours to suit Practice (as needed)
Tuesday 9:00am till 5:30pm
Wednesday 9:00am till 1:00pm
Thursday 8:30am till 6:30pm
Possible Saturday morning consulting once a month
If you are after an exceptional opportunity, this is the role for you. We take pride in the care we provide for our patients and would love someone to join us with the same ethic.
To apply please quote ref: 893.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.