Part Time Medical Secretary
- Inclusive & diverse ENT practice – parking onsite
- Bulleen – Specialist Surgeon and other clinicians – commence early March
- All-rounder – 2 to 3 days per week – WFH options some days
Are you looking for a role in a practice that is passionate about delivering a high level of service to our patients and creating a respectful and supportive workplace? Do you pride yourself on your attention to detail? If yes, then this is the job for you!
About the practice
We cannot overstate how lovely this Surgeon and our other clinicians are. Our vision is to create a progressive culture and practice that values each and every one of our patients regardless of their challenges. This vision is also reflected in the treatment of the practice staff, where further on-going training opportunities will be provided. We understand the importance of feeling supported.
Our practice is seeking a professional and experienced Medical Secretary who will use their excellent organisation and admin skills to support the practice. Your primary role is to support our Practice Co-ordinator with Reception and meet and greet duties along with managing all Surgical Bookings, Quotes and Billing and other back office duties. We have a very diverse demographic of patients, and your high level of patient care will make them feel comfortable and valued.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value to our new practice (established Surgeon), who loves coming to work and who is looking for opportunities that would accompany future practice growth. We have a flexible working arrangement culture and would be happy to negotiate working conditions. Once you are fully trained and competent there will be the option to work from home up to 1 day per week.
Duties and responsibilities
As a Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for not only supporting our team with Reception but also managing back office processes including all theatre duties.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with our Practice Co-ordinator performing meet and greet and running consulting sessions and all administration work related to this service
- Have a great understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, and Surgical Quotes and Billing – finance driven
- Audio transcription experience (viewed highly)
- Medium to expert level of experience and understanding of Genie Medical Software including producing reporting (or other relevant medical software)
- Be experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare (ECLIPSE viewed highly)
- Experience and expertise in handling consultation sessions, telephone queries and email correspondence in a professional and warm understanding manner
- Invoicing and receipting for consulting (including chasing overdue accounts)
- IT Savvy with great troubleshooting skills
- Managing incoming emails including screening and prioritising
- Multi-tasking and performing ad-hoc duties as required
- Ensuring the practice is running in an efficient manner, including ensuring all tasks and administration tasks are up to date.
- Assisting the Principal in PA and ad hoc duties as required along with supporting the Practice Co-ordinator
- Ensuring our rooms are always immaculate, including the consulting rooms
- Providing excellent service to patients on the phone and our clinicians
- Communications (responding to phone calls and emails)
- General office administration
- Ensuring rooms are re-stocked
- Being professional, caring and respectful at all times – making a difference in our patient’s lives
- Using your creativity and experience to create more efficient medical processes and procedures
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture.
If you have experience in the following, please apply:
- with the ambition to grow with the practice
- who has worked as a Medical Secretary (private surgical specialty mandatory)
- who is comfortable using and learning new software
- who demonstrates initiative
- with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- who values and fosters a supportive and respectful workplace culture
- wants a role where they love coming to work
Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays
8:30 am till 5:00 pm (30-minute unpaid lunch)
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment (additional ongoing training and development plan) as well as a great remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 906.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
Follow us on Instagram: RecruitmentatRWS.