Practice Nurse (RN)
Work/life balance & flexibility with hours
- Part-time – 3 days per week
- Glen Iris GP practice – Integrative medicine – Cosmetic Medicine
- We cannot overstate the ambience and culture of this practice – Stunning rooms – Supportive workplace
Do you want a Nursing role with a difference? Fantastic culture and work vibe? Are you interested in Family medicine, integrative and cosmetic medicine? Then please apply.
Our Family Medicine GP clinic is a well-established, boutique (not your generic fast-paced GP practice) modern and family-oriented practice. It is all about the patient. It is highly regarded for its Integrative Medical practice specialising in Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Preventive Medicine, Acupuncture as well as Cosmetic medicine. After 16 successful years, it has recently expanded to deliver dedicated and personalised GP & Family medicine to new and existing patients for a truly integrative and holistic approach.
About the role
Newly created, the Practice Nurse will support the doctor with the provision of patient clinical assessments and treatments (including shared care), excellent patient triage and outstanding care for new and long-standing patients who have a loyal affiliation with the medical practice.
Availability and flexibility to work extended hours will be appreciated and rewarded. It will be offered as a permanent part-time role (can consider casual) to someone seeking a rewarding and long-term position.
This role will best suit a mature-minded, flexible and experienced Registered Nurse who will help to build up the general practice and who enjoys developing effective clinical services and patient care for the business. We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated team member, with a genuine interest in integrative medicine and cosmetic medicine.
Typically, the role will be responsible for;
- Care plans and Health assessments
- Proactive support for all patients with screening, health education and promotion
- Reminders & Recalls
- Pathology collecting
- Management of treatment room & stock supply
- Front desk reception duties and support, when required (which includes enquiries, bookings, invoicing, referrals, test results, and patient reports) – Reception relief and covering leave
- Setting up patients for procedures & educating them on pre and post treatments
- Instrument sterilisation and infection control protocols
- Efficient and confidential management of all patient data, clinical files, and correspondence
- Wound care when required
- Ensuring the treatment room is set up and managed compliantly
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Current AHPRA RN registration
- Minimum 2 years GP nursing experience preferred
- Understanding of MBS item and incentives
- Actively promote the practice and the services offered
- CPR certification and current Working with Children
- Pathology collection & Venepuncture
- Cervical screens
- Health Care Plans
- 12-lead ECG
- IV infusions
- Warm, friendly and welcoming style – we like every patient to feel special
- Trustworthy, reliable, and committed
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality regarding all patients and clinical information
- Pro-active and highly self-motivated
- Passionate about patient care
- Sound GP practice knowledge and experience
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management, a good problem solver and ability to multi-task
- Strong computing skills with experience in Microsoft, and Genie advantageous
- Well-presented, professional style, and passionate about maintaining good health and wellbeing
Tuesday till Thursday – 10:00 am till 5:00 pm (hours negotiable)
Every second weekend (Weekend work is optional) – 8:30 am till 1:30 pm (flexible with rosters and dependent on patient bookings)
Only online applications will be considered, and all applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please include a written application and your resume with your on-line application detailing why you are looking for a new role, and how your specialist medical practice experience can wow in this opportunity.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment as well as a remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 907.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up to date with our roles.