- 5 days per week – WFH 4 days per week – onsite 1 day per week
- Onsite locations are Toorak and Box Hill – parking provided
- Lovely amiable Spinal Orthopaedic Surgeon – Established practice
Do you love to make a difference in our patient’s lives? Do you thrive on being a front desk gatekeeper and ambassador for our busy Surgeon? Then please apply.
Our practice is looking for a Medical Secretary who excels in process, empathy, sensitivity and caring for our patients, supporting our team and our lovely, engaging and personable Surgeon. You pride yourself on your attention to detail skills only coming second to your patient care skills and problem-solving skills. You love to make a difference in our patient’s journey and are happy working onsite or WFH, and within a team and autonomously to provide outstanding service to our patients.
If you are fluent in another language along with English, this would be viewed highly.
We are an established boutique Spinal Orthopaedic Practice located in Toorak and Box Hill. Our Surgeon is well known for his amiable and warm and empathetic manner – this cannot be overstated.
Our patients are our number one priority! Our paperlite holistic practice provides a warm and empathetic environment for our patients.
Our rooms are located in Toorak and Box Hill and you are required to attend either site once a week. You will have training provided by RWS and training and ongoing support by the Practice-Cordinator (works remotely) depending on your skills and experience.
- Managing consulting sessions including meet and greet and appointment management.
- Managing all consulting billing.
- Handling all patient contact with a professional and warm manner.
- Have a great understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings and Surgical Quotes and Billing (including Gaps, No Gaps, Known Gaps and AMA rates).
- Experience and understanding of Gentu Medical Software (or similar Medical Software).
- Be experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare (ECLIPSE).
- Savvy IT skills.
- Experience with managing Orthopaedic prostheses and equipment (viewed favourably).
- Personal Assistant duties for the Surgeon, including managing their inbox/emails and travel diary and associated responsibilities. This can include ad-hoc duties as required.
- Managing incoming emails including screening and prioritising.
- Multi-tasking and performing ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
- The only aspect of medical typing required, is to review, edit and print letters.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary in a specialty Private Practice setting.
- Gentu experience (or similar Medical Software).
- Previous experience with TAC, Workcover and DVA would be viewed favourably.
- Ability to be flexible in prioritising duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-presented and professional in attire, written and verbal manner and compassionate with all patients.
- Ability to work independently at the front desk and autonomously with back office duties.
- Monday to Friday 9:00am till 5:00pm (30 minute unpaid lunch)
If you are after an exceptional opportunity, this is the role for you. We take pride in the care we provide for our patients and would love someone to join us with the same ethic. To apply please quote ref 911.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
Follow us on Instagram: RecruitmentatRWS.