Full Time Medical Secretary
- Private Speciality Practice – Orthopaedics
- Multi-site – Eastern Suburbs – Genie Software
- Full Time or Part Time – Mature minded – Richmond and Malvern
Do you like to make a difference in patients’ lives? Are you proud of your customer service skills? Then please read on.
About the practice
This is an extremely busy Orthopaedic practice, that is currently expanding. No day is ever the same. We have a fantastic professional multi-disciplinary team, that strives to be the best. Our cases range across all areas of Orthopaedics, therefore there is lots of variety in the role and the tasks that will be assigned to you.
We have a great team, comprising of our Surgeon, Practice Manager, Practice Nurse and Medical Secretary. We work closely with allied health providers and Orthopaedic representatives as well.
Our practice is seeking a professional and experienced Medical Secretary who will use their excellent organisation and admin skills to support the practice. Your primary role is to support our Surgeon and Practice Manager with Reception and meet and greet duties along with managing Surgical Bookings, Quotes and Billing and other back office duties. We have a very diverse demographic of patients, and your high level of patient care will make them feel comfortable and valued.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value to our practice (established Surgeon), who loves coming to work, working within a team, and who is looking for opportunities to accompany future practice growth.
Duties and responsibilities
As one of our Medical Secretaries, you will be responsible for not only supporting our team with Reception but also managing back office processes including all theatre duties.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with our Practice Manager and performing meet and greet services and running consulting sessions and all administration work related to this service.
- Have a great understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, and Surgical Quotes and Billing – including known Gaps, no gaps and AMA rates. Including organising and ordering prostheses and specific equipment for Theatre.
- Medium to expert level of experience and understanding of Genie Medical Software.
- Be experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare (ECLIPSE viewed highly)
- Experience and expertise in handling telephone queries and email correspondence in a professional and warm understanding manner
- Invoicing and receipting for consulting
- IT Savvy with great troubleshooting skills
- Managing incoming emails including screening and prioritising
- Multi-tasking and performing ad-hoc duties for the Practice Manager and Surgeon as required.
- Ensuring the practice is running in an efficient manner, including ensuring all tasks and administration tasks are up to date.
- Ensuring our rooms are always immaculate, including the consulting rooms
- Providing excellent service to patients on the phone and our clinicians
- General office administration
- Ensuring rooms are re-stocked ready for consultation
- Being professional, caring and respectful at all times – making a difference in our patient’s lives
- Using your creativity and experience to create more efficient medical processes and procedures
- Following through to completion all tasks that have been assigned.
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture.
If you have experience in the following, please apply:
- with the ambition to grow with the practice
- who has worked as a Medical Secretary (private specialty mandatory)
- who is comfortable using and learning new medical software
- who demonstrates initiative
- with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- who values and fosters a supportive and respectful workplace culture
- wants a role where they love coming to work
Monday to Friday
8:30am till 5:00pm
Part-time and Jobshare options available and negotiable as well
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment as well as a great remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 916.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
Follow us on Instagram: RecruitmentatRWS.