Part-time/Full Time Medical Receptionist
About the business and the role:
- Part-time or Full-time
- Deakin – Commencement June – Upskill from current GP, Allied Health or Dental background.
- General Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon – Amazing team – Xestro
We are expanding! An opportunity to join our growing team as we move into a brand-new clinic space in a fantastic central location in Deakin.
Do you love to make a difference in our patient’s lives? Do you thrive on being a Director of First Impressions for our busy Surgeon? Then please apply.
We are seeking a medical receptionist to be a key part of our practice, Capital Metabolic Clinic, and to work with and provide support to our Practice Manager along with our specialist Surgeon, Physician, and Allied Health team. We are willing to train/upskill a minimum of GP, Allied Health or dental experience for the right candidate.
Our practice has a strong focus on patient care so confidence, compassion and empathy are desired. Our ideal candidate would also be someone who excels in process, sensitivity and caring for our patients, supporting our team and our engaging and personable Surgeon. You pride yourself on your customer care skills only coming second to your attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
Our patients are our number one priority (this cannot be overstated)! Our paper-lite practice provides a warm and empathetic environment for our patients. Our rooms are located in Deakin, ACT. You will be working with our experienced and supportive Practice Manager to ensure a smooth-running practice.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meet and greet patients in a professional and courteous manner to assist our patients in their patient journey.
- Attend and screen all incoming telephone calls.
- Manage our specialists’ diaries, schedule patient consultations, respond to patient enquiries, appointment confirmations and cancellations.
- Experience and understanding of Xestro Medical Software (or similar Medical Software) and Microsoft Suite.
- Manage our specialists’ correspondence including emailing/faxing of prescriptions to patients and pharmacies, new patient referrals as well as communication with insurers for patient records in a timely manner.
- Ensure referrals are current for all patients to facilitate timely Medicare Claims and create and maintain new and existing patient files.
- Issue invoices, process billings and receipts and follow up on outstanding patient debts.
- Maintain patient records on our practice management software Xestro and ensure that the patient information is current.
- Maintain our specialists’ records on Xestro (for e.g. calendar, leave, billing information etc) and ensure they are current.
- Provide support with general office maintenance and administrative tasks, ensuring office machines, practice rooms and reception are maintained to a satisfactory standard including cleaning, safety, and security.
- Consistently be aware of OHS requirements and comply with them.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience working as secretary/receptionist in the Allied Healthcare or professional services environment is highly preferred.
- Prior experience in Private Surgical Practice is viewed favourably.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with the specialists, patients and stakeholders and our team.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills with high attention to detail.
- Positive and can-do attitude, absolute confidentiality, genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
- Represent the practice in a confident and positive manner at all times.
The successful applicant will be offered a generous remuneration package based on previous experience.
Day and Hours
Working hours are negotiable between 3 options;
- Full-time: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm with a half-hour unpaid lunch break.
- Part-time: Monday to Friday 9.30am – 2.30pm with a half-hour unpaid lunch break.
- Part-time: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8.30am-5.00pm with a half-hour unpaid lunch break.
You will be working in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment that has a strong focus on patient care and professional development. You will also have supportive, like-minded individuals supporting you along the way.
To apply for this position, please click on the ‘Quick apply’ button and follow the prompts.
Please quote ref: 926
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
Please follow us on our page: recruitmentatRWS to keep up-to-date with our roles.