Part-Time Medical Secretary
- 3 days per week – to say this is an amazing workplace is an understatement
- Women’s health hub (Multi-disciplinary) – near Sunshine transport hub
- Brand new modern state-of-the-art rooms – commencement mid-July
Do you want to make a difference in our patients’ lives, ensuring their patient journey is seamless? Do you love to come to work? If yes, then this is the job for you!
Our practice is newly opened, we have an energetic, empathetic, warm and caring culture and love to display this to our patients. We are a one-stop-shop (multi-disciplinary hub) for Women’s Health concerns, so variety is an everyday occurrence. Our Surgeons are simply lovely (this is not an overstatement). Don’t let this role pass you by.
All our staff often mention how much they love coming to work. We are a young dynamic female practice, who is family-focused.
We are seeking a Part Time Medical Secretary with excellent organisation and administrative skills to become part of our team.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value to our new practice, with a can-do attitude, with their customer service skills only coming second to their attention to detail skills.
Duties and responsibilities
As our Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for facilitating the flow of patients into and out of the medical practice (particularly meet and greet and theatre bookings, billings and quoting). You will be the first point of contact and a key representative of our practice. As our team grows you may be given higher duties.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing platinum service to patients on the phone and in person
- Managing meet and greet consulting sessions.
- Practice communications (responding to phone calls and emails in an excellent and eloquent manner)
- Managing theatre bookings, quoting and billing (experience in this would be viewed favourably) including Gap and known Gap fees.
- Xestro Medical Software (experience viewed favourably)
- Having previous medical secretarial experience including managing consulting sessions, debt collection, maintaining Medicare and DVA fees schedules
- General office administration
- Assisting to create a great culture in the practice.
- Using your creativity and experience to create/streamline more efficient medical processes and procedures.
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture. Come be part of this amazing team.
Successful candidates for this role will require:
- Exceptional customer service with empathy and attention to detail (this cannot be overstated).
- An extremely friendly, professional, dignified and kind manner to all people with whom you deal with assisting them in their challenging clinical issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Amazing organisational skills.
- Medical secretarial background, along with experience with higher duties, ideally having experience with Xestro (or similar) practice software and having worked within a Specialist practice.
- Motivation to assist in growing and improving our practice – we want to hear your suggestions.
- Ability to be able to cover leave for other staff (with notice).
- Experience in demonstrating initiative and have strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Being experienced working with various health funds and Medicare.
- Have a capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment, must be skilled multi-tasker and fantastic problem solver.
As this is a culturally diverse practice, we would embrace candidates that can speak languages in addition to English but this is not mandatory.
3 x Full day shifts:
Wednesday and Friday 8:00am till 5:30pm
Third day either Monday or Thursday (negotiable) 8:00am till 5:30pm
What you will get in return:
You will work within a very supportive and caring work environment with our Surgeons, team and patients. You will be paid an above award salary with permanent employment benefits, upskilling opportunities including training and be able to forge a career in a successful medical practice. If this sounds like a role that interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter, quoting the reference number: 930
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up-to-date with our roles