Senior Medical Secretary
- Inclusive and diverse practice – parking permit – room to grow
- Private Practice – O&G – 4 days per week (no Fridays) – work/life balance
- Gentu – beautiful modern rooms in a very convenient location
Are you looking for a pivotal role in a team that is passionate about delivering a high level of service to our patients and creating a respectful and supportive workplace? Do you pride yourself on your inclusive and diversity skills? If yes, then this is the job for you!
We are a diverse and inclusive team, that values our patients and staff. Our Surgeon is very established within the medical industry and is well-loved by our patients.
The practice is bright and modern (Victorian Terrace) with parking onsite. We utilise Gentu software and provide full obstetrics and gynaecology services to the community. Our team consists of 2 administration staff, midwives, and our Surgeon.
There will be offsite VR services for busy times (when required for overflow).
Our practice is seeking a caring, empathetic (can’t be overstated) and professional healthcare Senior Medical Secretary with excellent organisation and administrative skills. Your high level of patient care will make them feel comfortable and valued. This role has lots of variety, no two days will be the same. You love to rise to the occasion and make a difference in our Surgeon and patients’ lives.
This position would suit someone who can support and add value to our established practice, and who is looking for opportunities that would accompany future practice growth. We have a flexible working arrangement culture and would be happy to negotiate working conditions. The position is 4 days per week (Friday’s off).
Duties and responsibilities
As a Senior Medical Secretary, you will be responsible for managing and (initially) hands-on in facilitating the flow of patients into and out of the medical practice. You will be a pivotal part of our team, and responsible for managing our staff and ensuring a smooth and efficient running practice
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Medium to expert level of experience and understanding of Gentu Medical Software including producing reporting (or other relevant medical software)
- Have a great understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, and Surgical Quotes and Billing (for emergencies only, as this will be outsourced)
- Be experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare (ECLIPSE viewed highly)
- Handling consultation sessions (meet and greet alongside our Medical Receptionist)
- Managing telephone queries and email correspondence in a professional and warm understanding manner, including screening and prioritising
- Managing clinical appointments (along with our Medical Receptionist)
- Invoicing and receipting for consulting (including chasing overdue accounts)
- Managing our medical reception staff as required (you will have full HR support which is outsourced)
- IT Savvy with great troubleshooting skills
- Multi-tasking and performing ad-hoc duties as required
- Ensuring the practice is running in an efficient manner, including ensuring all tasks and administration tasks are up to date.
- Assisting the Principal in PA and ad hoc duties as required
- Ensuring our rooms are always immaculate, including the consulting rooms
- Providing excellent service to patients on the phone and in person
- Communications (responding to phone calls and emails)
- General office administration
- Ensuring rooms are re-stocked via yourself or other admin staff
- Being professional, caring and respectful at all times – making a difference in our patient’s lives
- Using your creativity and experience to create more efficient medical processes and procedures
- Managing accounts payable and receivable.
Our team works very closely together and supports one another. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, but one with a supporting and respectful culture.
If you have experience in the following or want to upskill, please apply:
- with the ambition to grow with the practice
- who has worked as a Medical Secretary before and is looking to take their skills to the next level
- who is comfortable using and learning new software
- who demonstrates initiative
- with strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- who values and fosters a supportive and respectful workplace culture
- wants a role where they love coming to work
- Tuesday, Wednesday (twice a month), Thursday
- 8:30am till 5:00pm
- Monday and Wednesday (Wednesday twice a month)
- 8:30am till end of consulting (approx. 7pm)
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive and dynamic work environment as well as a great remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is well above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 941
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up-to-date with our roles