- New practice – established Surgeon – C2C – Hybrid WFH role
- Growth opportunities – Boutique Practice – Four days per week
- Parking included – General/Colorectal Surgeon – commencement October
Would you like a pivotal role with growth in setting up a new practice with our delightful Surgeon and Physician? Do you enjoy using your current skill set to be their gatekeeper and go-to staff member? Then please apply.
We are looking for a Medical Secretary who would like to grow in their practice skills with our practice. We are a new practice with one established Surgeon (and one Physician to join later – Haematologist) located in North Balwyn. Our vision is to provide excellent service and a seamless journey to all our patients, and we would love you to join us in implementing this. Our Surgeon works 50% in Private Practice and 50% in the Public system. He is a General Surgeon with a special interest in Colorectal. He is amiable, personable, and a lovely Surgeon. This role is mainly WFH (see below).
This is an opportunity for a warm and empathetic Medical Secretary to use their extensive experience/skillset to grow with our practice and assist our established Surgeon and Physician (in time) with their new paper lite practice. Here is your chance to shine!
As the pivotal and initial member of this new team, you will need to demonstrate an exceptional commitment to setting up new systems, so our practice runs at its optimum to ensure we display exceptional patient care. You pride yourself on your ability to provide a boutique service to our patients, making a difference in their lives.
We would require you onsite one full day per week at North Balwyn (main practice), only ½ a day is consulting. We also consult at Clyde once a month ½ half day only, Box Hill once a month again ½ day only, balance WFH (see below). Parking is provided onsite at North Balwyn and Clyde.
Training will be provided if required by several providers who have intel into our practice.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience using Clinic to Cloud – or similar medical software programs.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude – a real team player – loves to take initiative.
- Experience at a Surgical Medical Practice (mandatory).
- Professional appearance and demeanour (with outstanding customer service and strong attention to detail skill level on all aspects of the Medical Secretary role)
- Theatre bookings and Surgical billing (and quoting) experience (Eclipse experience viewed highly) – Known Gaps.
- Ability to work independently with initiative and also love being part of a team and to lead the way with your impeccable verbal, written and personal presentation.
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and thrive in implementing systems.
- Ability to work well to provide exceptional service and happily being the gatekeeper for our Doctors, allowing them to do what they do best – being a Surgeon/Physician.
- IT Savvy with great troubleshooting skills.
- A solid work ethic, who is punctual and reliable.
- You will be provided with a Laptop and practice mobile for your hybrid position.
- You must have access to good internet and have a dedicated uninterrupted workspace when WFH.
- You can work from home on the days you aren’t consulting – being around 80% of your working week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing new practice systems – you are the guru of systems and processes.
- Displaying amazing attention to detail skills.
- Managing consulting sessions and meet and greet.
- Welcoming patients into the practice and answering phone calls/emails in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner.
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times (cannot be overstated).
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments.
- Undertaking Theatre bookings and Surgical billing including patient billing and processing of payments.
- Performing general administrative duties such as scanning, faxing, mail sorting, filing, and following-up patient inquiries.
- Supporting and assisting our Surgeons in a range of administration and ad-hoc tasks.
- Enjoy being flexible to assist our Surgeons and practice.
- Appropriate above award remuneration based on skills and experience.
Monday to Thursday
9:00am – 5:00pm (30-minute unpaid lunch)
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills/experience required along with an interest in an above-Award wage, we’d love to hear from you. Please upload your resume and cover letter and quote ref: 950
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
Please follow us on our Instagram page: RecruitmentatRWS