Full Time Medical Receptionist
- Utilise your customer service skills to upskill to a Medical Receptionist
- East Melbourne location – Urology private practice – Parking – Genie
- Bright light modern office – Amazing opportunity to join a Surgical Practice
Do you pride yourself in your Customer Service Skills? Do you just love helping people? Are you engaging, vibrant and have a can-do attitude with a great telephone manner? Then read on.
Do you thrive on following processes/procedures? Then we want to hear from you. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a private specialty medical practice in a Medical Receptionist role. Prior experience in a specialty medical practice is NOT a requirement (customer service, GP, and Allied Health experience are welcomed)! Along with your blue-chip customer service skills, experience and can-do attitude.
We are a renowned Urology Practice, who are known for our outstanding customer service and patient care. We have two surgeons, and to say they are amazing and lovely would be such an understatement. Along with our Practice Manager (who you will report to) and Senior Secretary we have a team that cannot be overstated, we are just missing one element – you! The vibe and atmosphere within the practice are professional as well as caring and supportive.
You have come from a strong customer service background, and have a strong work ethic, you love to learn and upskill and want to go on to have a fantastic and rewarding career in the medical industry. You will be our true “Director of First Impressions” welcoming patients at our front desk to support patient flow through the Practice. We want you to wow our patients with your empathy, compassion, and professionalism (verbal, written and presentation). We want you to assist us in making a difference in the patient’s lives, during such a stressful time.
Our practice is looking for an experienced customer service specialist who will report directly to our Practice Manager and Surgeons. Our preferred candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and excels in following processes and procedures so our Practice runs smoothly and efficiently.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in excelling at customer service in any industry (this cannot be overstated)
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude
- Professional appearance and demeanour in writing, in person and on the phone
- Experience using multiple types of software and the willingness to learn more (Genie experience preferred)
- IT savvy – your IT skills are your pride and joy!
- Ability to work independently with initiative and also love being part of our fabulous team
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task in a busy environment and be open to direction to ensure the smooth running of the Practice
- Constantly takes pride in their work and productivity, loves to assist and is flexible in times of demand
Responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming patients into the practice in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments and assisting with consultation sessions including invoicing and receipting
- Collecting and entering patient details including uploading referrals and reports
- Answering phone calls and enquiries in a professional and friendly manner
- Performing general administrative duties and ad-hoc duties as required for the Surgeon and the Practice Manager
Ongoing professional development will be encouraged, and you will have the pleasure of working with and supporting highly regarded and professional Urological Surgeons who are recognised leaders in their field.
Appropriate remuneration based on skills and experience.
Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (flexible with hours and days, late start early / finish considered)
If this sounds like a role that matches you, and you have the skills/experience required, we’d love to hear from you. Please upload your resume and cover letter and quote ref: 951.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
Please follow us on our Instagram page: RecruitmentatRWS