Full-Time Medical Secretary
- Hybrid work model (WFH and initially 2 sessions per week onsite in Box Hill area)
- Commencement late October –Role with growth
- New practice – established part-time Neurologists – Mainly WFH initially
Would you like a pivotal role in assisting in setting up a new practice with our delightful established Specialist? Do you enjoy using your current skill set to be the Specialists’ gatekeeper and go-to staff member? Then please apply.
Our Neurologist Specialist who specialises in Epilepsy has an exceptional opportunity for a dedicated and skilled Medical Secretary to join our medical practice. If you are an experienced Medical Secretary seeking a fantastic role with growth potential, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
We are a new group specialist medical practice led by an established Specialist, situated in the Box Hill area. Our primary focus is on delivering unparalleled patient service and a seamless healthcare journey. Our vision is to offer a fast turn around of patient care after their first symptoms/seizure, and improving epilepsy care overall. Our Practice is currently expanding our team and is looking for an enthusiastic individual to play a pivotal role in our practice’s success. Our practice benefits from convenient WFH options – full time initially, then 1 to 2 sessions per week onsite from Mid November. RWS is currently providing VR (Virtual Reception) services and will be able to assist with handover. You will be supplied with a laptop, practice mobile and multi-function scanner/printer.
As a warm, engaging, empathetic, and skilled Medical Secretary, you have the opportunity to transition into a more senior role within our growing practice. This position would suit someone who is experienced, self-motivated, customer service-oriented and bubbly nature, and who is eager to contribute to our new paperless practice. Your role will be integral to setting up efficient systems and processes, ensuring optimal practice performance and exceptional patient care (this cannot be overstated).
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience using MediRecords or similar medical software programs.
- Outstanding communication skills coupled with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Previous experience in a Private Medical Practice is mandatory.
- Professional demeanour with exceptional customer service and attention to detail.
- Audio typing viewed favourably
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrating strong leadership qualities.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and IT-related tasks.
- Ability to excel under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while effectively managing multiple tasks.
- Lead the development and implementation of new practice systems and processes – this is your project!
- Manage consultation sessions (including consultant billing) and warmly greet patients.
- Provide exceptional customer service through effective phone/email communication and patient interactions.
- Managing patient records including uploading reports/tests/referrals
- Coordinate patient appointments and manage scheduling.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as scanning, faxing, sorting mail, and managing patient inquiries.
- Support Specialist with various administrative and ad-hoc tasks.
- Exhibit flexibility and dedication to accommodate Specialist and practice needs.
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break).
If you are a dedicated professional with the required skills and experience, we encourage you to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. To express your interest, please submit your resume and a cover letter, referencing Ref: 956. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
Please follow us on our Instagram page: RecruitmentatRWS.