Full Time Dental Assistant/Treatment Co-ordinator
- Oral Surgery Consultants – great team & culture, an opportunity to upskill!
- 8-day fortnight – long days (full-time wage) – parking available
- Genie – Role with variety (Dental Assisting & Clinical Administration)
Are you proud of your amiable and detail-orientated personality? Do you like to wow our patients with your amazing diligence and customer service skills to make a difference in our Surgeon’s lives? Then we want to hear from you!
Oral Surgery Consultants’ practice is seeking a professional, highly organised, and experienced Dental Assistant/Treatment Co-ordinator to support our team and be part of our practice journey. Your role will be to both provide administrative and clinical assistance to our Surgeon (Dental Assisting experience necessary).
This is an opportunity to upskill and assist in complex oral surgery, candidates from other General or Specialist Dental Clinics are encouraged to apply! You pride yourself on your strong attention to detail skills over anything else.
Our requirements are:
- Professional and eloquent in your presentation, written and verbal communication
- Previous experience in Co-ordinating admin and assisting in patient treatment plans
- Having previous Dental Assistant experience including managing consulting sessions and meet and greet (relief)
- Experience with theatre bookings, in-room procedure bookings and surgical quoting and billing (preferred)
- Experience with Genie Medical Software (or similar)
- Happy to perform ad-hoc administration duties for our specialists and our Clinical Manager
- Be a great team player – happy to assist others when needed and love working in well-functioning teams (this cannot be overstated)
- Desired skills/experience of assisting the surgeons with the preparation and follow up of surgical procedures (in room) extraordinary facial surgeries, and medical/dental multi-disciplinary patients in hospital theatres as well as in the rooms under local anaesthesia or IV drip (desired not mandatory)
- Possess excellent organisational skills, outstanding work ethic and punctuality
- Have the capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment – must be a skilled multi-tasker
- Amazing troubleshooting and IT skills (including the use of Microsoft Excel)
- Assisting with stock or ordering, inventory tracking and management
- Supporting management to ensure the clinical activities and processes are performed effectively and efficiently (once trained)
- Assisting with accreditation requirements of the practice, infection control, radiation and sedation accreditation
- Liaising with hospitals, health funds and external practices
- Hands-on attitude, where nothing is beneath them, whether the job is big or small
- Clear and concise communicator who pre-empts our Specialists’ needs, who is proactive not reactive
- ‘Can do’ attitude who is extremely organised and prides themselves on their attention to detail
- Honest, trustworthy, loyal and dependable
- Amiable team player – loves working in collaborative teams
- Friendly with quiet confidence, always happy to assist others
- Dental Assisting experience
- Private Specialist experience is (viewed highly)
Days: 8-day fortnight (day off to be negotiated)
Hours: 7:30 am till 5:30 pm (30-minute unpaid lunch per day)
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive work environment as well as a remuneration package, dependent on experience, which is above the award wage. Apply now quoting reference 968.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
It is a practice requirement that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be asked for your vaccination certificate during the recruitment process.
Follow us on Instagram: RecruitmentatRWS.