Assistant Practice Manager
- Work/life balance – 3 to 4 days a week – parking onsite – great wage
- Rosebud – close to home – multi-site GP practice – Best Practice
- Family friendly culture – community minded – commencement asap
Do you pride yourself in your team-building skills? Have you prior experience in a senior role at a Medical practice? Is cultivating a great culture your forte? Then we want to hear from you.
We are a multi-site very family friendly and community minded (4) GP practice. Our mixed billing GP practice is seeking a professional, highly organised and experienced Assistant Practice Manager.
We have 22 GPs, 10 RN Nurses (including our Nurse Manager), Practice Manager, and a Team Leader at each site. Along with 8 Allied Health Practitioners. We have a fantastic culture where we don’t stand on hierarchy, our Principals are part of the team, and willing to assist in pragmatic tasks if required.
Our practices are located at the end of the Peninsula. Most of our patients are local and very loyal to our practice. The role will be located at Rosebud. There is little to no overtime required. Each practice is across from the beach, allowing you to refresh and refuel whilst taking your lunchtime stroll.
This role will be overseeing our GP practice sites, along with working with our Practice manager, who you will assist in managing the day-to-day running of our sites and its associated properties, entities and report directly to our Practice Manager and Principals.
You are seeking a work/life balance, willing to work 3 or 4 days per week. You may have come from a Practice Manager role, and wanting to downsize and enjoy what the beautiful Mornington Peninsula has to offer.
Our preferred candidate comes from a senior position in a GP practice, where great culture was a priority. We have four sites, so it would be ideal for the Assistant Practice Manager to speak daily/visit weekly our different sites and liaise with our staff and team leaders at each site. Ideally to be their mentor and first contact point for any issues. Ensuring they feel listened to and engaged. Your flexibility, approachability and adaptability are forefront of your dealings with our team.
You pride yourself in being able to multitask with attention to detail to each and every task and most importantly have amazing team-building skills. You will be responsible for continuing to develop a fantastic culture and aligning with the practice’s vision.
- Manage overall practice workflow and billing, receipting, reconciliation, along with utilising deputy for rosters and payroll.
- Assist with room allocation/doctor rostering within the clinic in conjunction with the team leaders and Practice Manager
- Assist in the management of 3 yearly accreditation
- Assist in the day-to-day running of the clinic including dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Assist in managing all HR issues relating to: Admin Staff, Nursing Staff, contracted Doctors, Specialist and Allied Health – escalating to the Practice Manager as required.
- Payroll (staff) and Facility fees for our 22 GP’s, this is to be performed fortnightly.
- Experience in MYOB is viewed highly (we have an external bookkeeper who undertakes BAS etc)
- Team building experience, being at the forefront of assisting us to build a great culture at the practice.
- Managing PIP/WIP, chasing bad debts (limited).
- Managing conflict resolution and patient complaints.
- Ensuring current processes and procedures are working well, and seeking to upgrade any areas needing improvement
- Attending and assisting Practice Manager at regular staff meetings along with assisting in creating agenda for these meetings and provide minutes to all relevant parties
- Ensuring the practice is COVID-19 safe and compliant with current regulations
- Willingness to assist reception during staff shortage.
- Being able to lead by example, and promote a positive and inclusive working culture
- Unflappable and flexible, adapting to the practice and the Principals and Doctors needs
- Professional in presentation, written and verbal communication
- Previous experience in GP Practice Management
- Experience with Best Practice
- Hands on attitude, where nothing is beneath them, whether the job is big or small
- Clear, concise communicator who pre-empts stakeholders and staff’s needs, and who is proactive
- Honest, trustworthy, loyal and dependable
- Approachable and willing to work with all stakeholders
- 2-5 years Assistant Practice Management/Senior management experience (GP viewed favourably)
- Monday mandatory
- Other two to three days negotiable
- 9.00am till 5.00pm
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a supportive work environment as well as a great remuneration package, dependent on experience. Apply now and quote reference 973
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up to date with our roles.