Part Time – Medical Secretary
- New practice – established Orthopaedic Surgeon – Hybrid WFH and onsite.
- Ballina/Lismore area – Role with lots of growth in hours and skills – Xestro software.
- Commencement early March – pivotal role – 3 days per week (2 days WFH, 1 onsite)
Would you like a pivotal role in setting up a new practice with our delightful established Surgeon? Do you enjoy using your current skill set to be their gatekeeper and go-to staff member? Then please apply.
Our Orthopaedic Surgeon (who to say is delightful is an understatement) who specialises in Foot and Ankle has an exceptional career opportunity for a dedicated and skilled individual to join our medical practice as a Part Time Medical Secretary. If you are an experienced Medical Receptionist (working with a Specialist or Surgeon) seeking a fantastic role with growth potential or if you are currently a Medical Secretary looking for a new challenge, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
We are a new medical practice led by an established Orthopaedic Surgeon, situated in the Ballina area. Our primary focus is on delivering unparalleled patient service particularly and a seamless healthcare journey for our patients in need. Our Practice is currently expanding our team and is looking for an enthusiastic individual to play a pivotal role in our practice’s success. We will have another Surgeon join us in the second half of the year.
Our practice benefits from convenient WFH options –Initially, there will be 1 to 2 sessions per week onsite from early March. RWS is currently providing VR (Virtual Reception) services and will be able to assist with handover. You will be supplied with a laptop, practice mobile and multi-function scanner/printer.
As a warm, engaging, empathetic, and skilled Medical Secretary, you have the opportunity to transition into a Practice Coordinator role within our growing practice in time. This position would suit someone who is experienced, self-motivated, customer service-oriented and bubbly nature, and who is eager to contribute to our new paperless practice. Your role will be integral to setting up efficient systems and processes, ensuring optimal practice performance and exceptional patient care (this cannot be overstated).
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience using Xestro or similar medical software programs.
- Outstanding communication skills coupled with a positive, proactive attitude.
- Previous experience in a Specialist Medical Practice is mandatory (Surgical viewed highly).
- Professional demeanour with exceptional customer service and attention to detail.
- Audio typing will be part of the role
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, demonstrating strong leadership qualities.
- Experience with Theatre Booking, Quoting and Billing, including AMA rates, Gap and Known Gap fees – Training can be provided for the right candidate. ECLIPSE experienced viewed favourably.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and IT-related tasks.
- Ability to excel under pressure in a fast-paced environment, while effectively managing multiple tasks.
- Lead the development and implementation of new practice systems and processes – this is your project!
- Manage consultation sessions (including consultant billing) and warmly greet patients.
- Managing inbox, email, website, efax etc (website maintenance experience favourable)
- Provide exceptional customer service through effective phone/email communication and patient interactions.
- Managing patient records including uploading reports/tests/referrals
- Coordinate patient appointments and manage scheduling.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as scanning, faxing, sorting mail, and managing patient inquiries.
- Support Surgeon with various administrative and ad-hoc tasks.
- Exhibit flexibility and dedication to accommodate Specialist and practice needs.
3 days (to be negotiated), 9:00am – 5:00pm (with a 30-minute unpaid lunch break). These days may increase in the future.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with an incredible work environment and an above award remuneration package, dependent on experience.
If you are a dedicated professional with the required skills and experience, we encourage you to take advantage of this exciting opportunity. To express your interest, please submit your resume and a cover letter, referencing Ref: 969. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The successful applicant is required to have full working rights in Australia and will be asked for relevant documentation during the recruitment process. Please note that a Vevo Check to verify your Australian Working Rights will be undertaken and is part of the application process for this role.
Please follow us on our page: RecruitmentatRWS to keep up to date with our roles.